updated 18 November, 2019
Understanding how information is collected on www.somoy.in:-
Information you may choose to provide us
“Somoy” may collect information that you may choose to provide us. For example, your name and contact information(email address), date of birth other details of that nature if you participate in surveys, promotions or for our newsletter.
You may also choose to provide more personal data when you participate in forums or in discussions in our site. Please be aware that your post (once approved) is open to public when they visit the site. Therefore it is advisable not to post sensitive or personal data that you would not want to make public.
Information that is automatically collected when you visit
While accessing the site we and our third party partners, for example : Google, automatically collects some information about your visit using cookies and web beacons and similar other technologies. The information about your is automatically collected may include your IP address, operating system characteristics, browser information and data about your computer and mobile devices. For example, this may display which is the first page you come to the site and how you browse from one page to the another inside this site, including the information you choose to provide.
To manage automatically collected data, we may place tags (often referred to as “web beacons”) on pages on the site. Web beacons are small files that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies, and they may be used for a variety of purposes, such as counting the number of visitors to the site, analyzing how users navigate around the site and which articles or links are viewed by visitors.
We also use third party web analytics services such as Google Analytics in order to provide us site statistics and visitor information that visitors allow to collect.
How we may use the collected information
We may use the information for various purposes including the ones listed below. For example if you comment on a post in the website, your comment including the email id you comment from may get collected. In addition, we use information we collect from you and through the site to:
- Provide products and services you request;
- Respond to requests, questions, and comments, and provide other types of user support;
- Offer you products and services via marketing communications, or direct you to portions of this site or other websites, that we believe may interest you;
- To serve advertising, content and offers to you based on your interests and online activities, from us or third parties;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, events, programs, contests, and other offers or promotions;
- Carry out, evaluate, and improve our site (which may include developing new features for the site; analyzing and enhancing the user experience on the Site; assessing the effectiveness of our marketing and advertising; and managing our communications);
- Perform data analytics regarding usage of the site (including market and customer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymous use of personal data);
- Guard against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, law enforcement requests.
How We May Share Information
Our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers may have access to information we collect through the site to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties are subject to confidentiality obligations and are restricted from using personal data collected through the site for purposes other than to provide the requested assistance. In addition, we may share information:
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes;
- If we are required to do so by law, regulation, or legal process (such as a court order);
- In response to requests from government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, including to meet national security requirements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- With respect to analytics and statistical information, to inform advertisers about the nature of our user base;
- In the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including a reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation) In such an event, we will seek to provide you with commercially reasonable notice, e.g., via email and/or notice on our website, of any change in ownership, incompatible new uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and with your consent or at your discretion.
Data Retention and Access
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. That said, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted online, and you assume some risk with regard to the security of information you provide through any website, including this site.
Links from www.somoy.in to other websites
On this Site, we may provide links to other websites that are controlled by third parties. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the content, usage terms, privacy policies, or any other aspects of websites that we do not own or control.
Surveys and Quizzes
This Site is not designed or intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from a child under the age of 16, we will delete any such information.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Your personal data may be stored, transferred and process in and to the United States and in other countries by our affiliates and/or service providers. The data protection laws in these countries may provide a lower standard of protection for your personal data than your country of residence. We take great care in protecting your personal data and have put in place adequate mechanisms to protect it when it is transferred internationally. We will transfer your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws and will implement suitable safeguards to ensure that your personal data is adequately secured by any third party that will access your information (for instance, by using the Model Clauses as approved by the European Commission).
updated 18 November 2019
To help us maintain the resources needed to create the quality content you deserve, we accept advertisements on our site. We greatly value transparency and hope that this policy leaves you feeling even more confident about the content and service we provide.
- For now, we only used or will use Google Ads and henceforth will comply to the policy designed by google for ad serving.
- If we use any other ways to advertise, we will abide all regulations mentioned above and notify our users about the same.